Sunday, June 22, 2008

Satan comes to Sunday school...

Cath had an extraordinary Sunday school class this morning.

 

While she was leading the kids in a song and dance, Cath saw a snake slither up the wall and into the rafters. Now, Cath’s a pure South African lady. So—as is appropriate for a woman—she freaked out. :)

 

As did the children, who were said to have declared, “Satan came to Sunday school!” Hahaha. Kids say the darnedest things.

 

In the words of Kim, “That’s what you get when you teach from God’s word.” ;)

 

Anyway, Cath came to the regular church service to retrieve some monyemiji to slay the sly distracter. They eventually did, well after church was over—Cath insisted it be rooted out and killed, because she teaches nursery school in that building every day. I guess it was a good thing she did, because it turns out it was of the super poisonous variety. Good on you, Cath.

 

And good on you, Satan snake, for giving me my day’s entertainment…

1 comment:

  1. THAT's funny. One day I began to refer to wasps as "The Devil" because I got a nasty sting from a wasp/bee hyped on steroids and they apparently found me attractice. My language helper was most distressed- because if a missionary calls it the devil then we're really in trouble right? Ha!

    I'm so thankful you guys have internet. What an outlet. A Godsend for sure. I've enjoyed keeping up and will pray for your reentry.
    Blessings,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete