Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday?

This week has been a long one, with my favorite kids being sick, the unwelcome reappearance of dry/hot season and one really wretched team day.

But, I came home Friday to a house full of all my favorite team members, balloons and delicious treats.

A surprise birthday party.

For me!

In June?

I definitely played my part on the “being surprised” side of things, as my birthday is actually in February.

Not to slight my very clever and conniving roommates, obviously. But… huh?

I was certainly bewildered and I think I even said, as I stood there in the doorway under the barrage of balloons, “But… it’s not my birthday…”

You see, I’ve never got to have a TIMO birthday. With our schedule, we’ve always been out and scattered, so I’m lucky if anyone remembers, let alone if anyone is around to celebrate.

Hence, a surprise birthday party, in June.

It really was a wonderful evening, with plenty to eat and lots to laugh at.

I dare say, one of my best birthdays ever…

No comments:

Post a Comment